Exchange students who come within a Convention
Centers for studies in France or CEF : these were created for the international students with a residence abroad who wish to pursue university studies in France.
If you reside in one of the following countries:
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chile, China, Columbia, Comoros, Egypt, Gabon, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Republic of Congo, Republic of Guinea (Guinea-Conakry), Russia, Senegal, South Korea, Syria (Campus France office in Syria is momentarily closed, find more information about the application procedure on their website), Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.
You must (in addition to the procedure below) contact the corresponding CEF of your country indicating that you are coming to the University of Burgundy within a convention and follow the instructions to be communicated to you.
Countries without CEF
Applicants should inquire with the cultural service of the Embassy of France in their country to get to know the conditions for obtaining a visa for studies (D).
- In order to prepare your stay, consult our study programs : for a Bachelor level and Master level
- Check if a Bilateral Erasmus Agreement exists in the requested discipline between your university and the University of Burgundy : List of Cooperation Agreements signed by university of Burgundy.
- Fill out our online application form
- Access to the online application form.
- Application form will be active from Mid-February until 15th of May for the 1st semester applicants and from Mid-September until 15th November for the 2nd semester applicants.
- After having sent your application via the online application form, you will receive an e-mail asking you to create your personal account.
- Once your personal account has been created, you will need to download all the requested documents directly:
- motivation letter,
- passport photo,
- photo or scan of a piece of identification (example: Passport, ID card, driver's licence),
- learning agreement signed by yourself and your home university. If your home institution does not provide you a learning agreement, please download and fulfilled the University of Burgundy learning agreement with your choice of courses you would like to follow.
All applications must be submitted via application form website - we will not accept any file sent by e-mail or by mail.
If you want to book a room on campus, be sure to indicate this in the correct section on your application form. Also specify your planned dates of arrival and depart.
If you want to book another housing you can find some ideas in Housing in Burgundy guide (in French).
The registration dates and necessary documents required will be published here in July 2017.
Also you can consult this year's university calendar if you would like to know the approximate dates of the start of your courses so you can begin to plan your journey to France.
The calendar for the year 2017/2018 will be published here in July 2017. Please note that any late arrivals, of up to 15 days after the official start of term, will seriously affect your chances of settling in and success on your course.
During those days we will inform you about our University, student life, facilities on campus, you will visit the city hall, historical center of Dijon and you can meet other international students during the Saturday night party.
Detailed program and participation form will be available at this website in July 2017.
Once arrived n Dijon you can also became the member of the ESN InsiDijon association and participate in different activities:
- active participation in organizing events, administrative tasks, partner intuitions relations... or
- participation in events, projects and trips organized by the active members.
Other student associations
University of Burgundy has more than 100 other student associations – you can join them and meet other student form our University.
Our Language center organizes different intercultural events during the academic year. Do not hesitate to like International Office facebook page to be informed about all incoming events!