Aller au contenu Aller au menu principal Aller à la recherche

University of Burgundy

Study at the University of Burgundy as a Degree-Seeking Student


This page is primarily aimed at candidates who wish to study at the University of Burgundy outside of a short-term exchange programme and are of foreign nationality.

Last update: November 13, 2020.

The majority of study programmes at the University of Burgundy are taught in French, however we do offer some English-taught programmes, of which the majority are at Master's level. This website provides instructions on how to apply to all of our programmes, at all levels and for both English- and French-taught programmes. You may find that some documents are only available in French, this is because these particular documents are only relevant to those applying for French-taught programmes.




Have a look at the website Formation to find out about the range of French-taught study programmes that we offer. Please read the information sheets of every programme you are interested in carefully: you will find each programme's entry conditions, content, subjects etc. This information should help you to determine your eligibility for the study programme.

English-taught programmes are available at our English-taught programmes rubric.

Please note that if you are accepted to study at uB you will not be able to change your programme nor campus.


The way you will submit your application will depend of your personal situation: your citizenship, your country of residence and level of the study programme you are applying for. It is mandatory to follow the right application procedure corresponding to your situation otherwise your application will be rejected automatically.

Which application procedure must I follow?


I want to apply for licence 1 (1st Year Bachelor's degree) and the country of my citizenship is :


I want to apply for licence 2, licence 3, master 1 or master 2 (2nd or 3rd year of Bachelor's studies or 1st or 2nd year of Master's studies) and the country of my citizenship is:

  • Switzerland, EU or EEA country;
  • non-EU / non-EEA country.

    All international candidates who do not have a French diploma giving them access to selected study programme must apply as a degree-seeking students by following the procedures published here above. However there can be several exception cases - consult the list of international and French candidates who do not need to apply via the procedures here above and must contact other offices/organisms.
  • Specific application procedure for all international students (no matter your citizenship or country of residence) applying for 2nd or 3rd year of medical studies (Medicine, Pharmacy or Maieutic): you must submit your application via this online form before 15th of January 2021 midnight (Central European Time).


Translating your documents
If you need to have your documents translated, you can do it in your country or in France (consult the Court of Cassation website where you will find the lists of translators on French territory).


I apply for a French-taught programme


A level of C1 is required for study programmes in:

  • Law;
  • Administration (administration économique et sociale - AES);
  • Economics / Business / Management ;
  • Biological and environmental sciences (Sciences de la Vie, de la Terre et de l'Environnement - UFR SVTE) ;
  • Health sciences ;
  • Faculty of Literature and Philosophy (UFR Lettres et philosophie): all master-level programmes in Literature (letters) and linguistic sciences (Sciences du language master and FLE et aires linguistiques master);
  • a C1 level is also recommended for all social sciences and humanities.

A level of B2 is required for study programmes in:

  • Faculty of Literature and Philosophy (UFR Lettres et philosophie): all bachelor level programmes, as well as master-level programmes in Philosophy and Information and Communication Sciences;
  • all other study programmes at the University of Burgundy, including humanities and social sciences.

To prove your language level, you must provide us with a French language certificate. Only TCF, DELF or DALF certificates tout public are accepted. You only need to complete the mandatory parts of the test.

Applicants outside of the European Union, the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation wishing to enrol in licence 1 must submit the TCF DAP (except for those in the exemption cases listed below). A TCF DAP session will be organized at the University of Burgundy in February 2021. Find all information about how to apply here.


If you haven't taken the required French language test, all information about where and how to take the test can be found on the France Éducation International website.


Exemption cases

In certain cases, applicants are not required to take a French language test. If any of the following categories apply to you, you do not need to provide us with a French language certificate:

  • nationals of countries where French is the only official language, as well as applicants residing in those countries if they have obtained a high school diploma delivered by that country;
  • for countries where French is not the only official language, applicants who have completed their secondary school level education at a French-speaking institution;
  • applicants from Mauritius who are in possession of a bilingual baccalaureate;
  • applicants who have obtained the Test d'Evaluation du Français (TEF), administered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris (Chambre du Commerce et de l'Industrie de Paris) with at least 14/20 in the written expression section;
  • applicants who studied within the French bilingual department of one of these institutions listed by the French ministry or on the Le fil du biLingue website. Did you study in a bilingual French programme in an EU or EEA country and can't find your institution on the Le Fil du biLingue site? Email the Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. to see if this exemption category applies to you.


How to improve my French level?

Take a look at the Learning about French culture and improving your French level rubric here below where you will find useful advice on how to improve your language level before and after coming to France.


I apply for an English-taught programme


A B2 level is required for master programmes in:


Applicants in the following categories are exempt from English language tests:

  • citizens of countries where English is the only official language, as well as applicants residing in those countries if they have obtained a high school diploma delivered by that country;
  • for countries where English is not the only official language, applicants who have completed their secondary school level education at an English-speaking institution.


No English language test is necessary for the following master programmes:

  • Business Studies and Intercultural Management.
  • If you already have an English Language certificate, please include it in your application, even if it's not required. If you do not have any official proof of your language level, you can demonstrate your English skills by providing evidence that you are able to express yourself in the language; for example, secondary school or university records, a language school certificate, evidence of courses taken in English, etc.

Good to know: if you do not have yet your language certificate you can still start your application procedure and add it later but remember that your application file must be complete (language certificate included) before the application official deadline.


You will receive the answer to your application several weeks or months after the completion of your application file.

You should receive the reply within following deadlines, depending of the application procedure you have followed:

Parcoursup procedure:

  • main application period: reply at latest on 27th May 2021,
  • additional application period: reply in September 2021;

Etudes en France procedure:

  • applications for 1st year of Bachelor studies: reply before 15th May 2021,
  • application for 2nd and 3rd year of Bachelor's studies, 1st and 2nd year of Master's studies: reply at latest on 29th May 2021;

DAP procedure (Demande d'admission préalable – DAP vert, DAP blanc): reply before 15th May 2021;

Mobility-Online procedure (International office's online form): reply before 30th April 2021.

Please do not contact the University of Burgundy International Office or any other structure asking questions about the treatment of your application: you will receive an official answer once your application have been examined and no other information can be given to you in between.

If your application was accepted you must follow steps from ENROLMENT section here below. 




The exact list of the necessary documents will be published here in June 2021.

For information only, here is the list of required documents for 2020/2021 academic year:

  • enrolment file to be downloaded on our website in July;
  • one passport-size photo ;
  • one copy of your identity card or passport, and if applicable, one copy of your D-visa or long stay visa with the "Etudiant" (student) mention (if you do not have citizenship of a country within the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation);
  • one copy of a French civil liability insurance certificate (obtained at a French bank or a French insurance agency when you arrive in France). The cost is around 20 euros;
  • one copy of your admission letter from the University of Burgundy;
  • proof of payment of the Student and Campus Life Contribution fee (Contribution à la vie étudiante et de campus - CVEC) - cost is around 90 euros;
  • if enrolling in a Bachelor programme: the original and one copy of your secondary education diploma or certificate of achievement of your last successfully credited year of study with its official translation in French (Baccalauréat, A-Level, High School Diploma, Abitur, etc.);
  • if enrolling in a Master programme: the original and one copy of your most recently obtained higher education diploma with an official translation (Bachelor degree, Master degree, etc.) in French or English;
  • if you have already been enrolled in a French higher education institution in the past: please attach a copy of former student card or enrolment certificate;
  • if you receive a scholarship: please attach a copy of scholarship notification;
  • ONLY for students who have citizenship from one of the countries from THIS list:
    • prove of appointment at University of Burgundy's Medical centre;
    • before your arrival in France, you must undergo a lung X-ray exam and bring with you in France the results, translated in French if possible. You will need to show your results at the University of Burgundy's medical centre before your administrative enrolment. This request is part of tuberculosis screening. The results of this exam must be less than 3 months old.

Translating your documents
If you need to have your documents translated, you can do it in your country or in France (consult the Court of Cassation website where you will find the lists of translators on French territory).


Student and Campus Life Contribution fee

Before enrolling at the University of Burgundy, you will be required to pay the Student and Campus Life Contribution fee (Contribution à la vie étudiante et de campus - CVEC).

  • Approximately cost: 90 euros.
  • The payment will be possible in August/September 2021 and all details about the payment process will be available here in July 2021.
  • You will be able to choose your payment option: either online via card payment, OR in cash at a French post office.
  • Good to know: someone else can pay this fee in your name.

Do not forget to give your proof of payment of the Student and Campus Life Contribution fee to the International Office when you enrol.

University of Burgundy enrolment fee

The enrolment fees for 2021/2022 academic year will be published here in June 2021.

You will have the possibility to pay either by card, cash, or with a cheque from a French bank.

For information only, here are the registration fees for 2020/2021 academic year:

  • basic national fees for Bachelor level: 172 euros;
  • basic national fees for Master level : 246 euros;
  • basic national fees for engineer's diploma : 608 euros;
  • basic national fees for students with a scholarship from the French government: 0 euros;
  • specific fees for certain English-taught programmes (added to basic national fees):

Good to know: for the 2021/2022 academic year, the University of Burgundy will not charge separate fees for students coming from countries outside of the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland.



You will be able to carry out your administrative enrolment in the beginning of the academic year when you will arrive in France: administrative enrolment, organized by the International office, will take place in September 2021.

Exact dates, hours and place of administrative enrolment will be published here in June 2021.

After enrolling, you will receive a welcome pack containing helpful brochures about the University of Burgundy, the city of Dijon, and the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region.

If your study programme is not on the Dijon Campus or if you are enrolling in IUT Dijon please contact the administrative office of your study programme to find about the administrative and pedagogical registration there.


Once you have enrolled within the International office, you must contact the scolarité (administrative office for your study programme) in order to find out about your pedagogical enrolment; for example, to choose subjects, etc.

If your courses start before your administrative enrolment, don't worry: you can (and should!) still go to class. The fact that you haven't yet been enrolled administratively does not prevent you from attending class.




Students with citizenship of a country within the European Union, European Economic Area, or Swiss Confederation

  • You do not have to have a student visa or residence permit to study or live in France.
  • Make sure you have valid ID card or a valid passport.


Students with citizenship of a country OUTSIDE the European Union, European Economic Area, or Swiss Confederation

  • Contact Cultural Services of the French Embassy in your country of residence in order to find out the procedure for obtaining a study visa.
  • Keep in mind that for your visa request you will also need to submit :
    • your admission letter from the University of Burgundy. We do not issue any pre-enrolment documents so please use your admission letter because we cannot provide you with any other document;
    • a proof of housing so be sure you booked a housing before submitting your visa request;
    • a proof of financial resources.

The official website for French visas contain helpful details about validating and renewing your visa/residence permit.

Good to know: The Euraxess office within the International Office can provide answers to certain questions about extending your student residence permit once in France. There will be someone available to guide you as you prepare the necessary documents for requesting an extension before submitting them at the Prefecture. This service is routinely available from mid-June to mid-July, and affected students are sent an e-mail notification indicating the office's opening hours.

  • For all details about residence permit application visit the website of the Prefecture of your department of residence.


To study in France you must be sure you possess enough financial resources for living and to pay the University's tuition fees. To get a rough idea about life expenses in France you can check the Campus France website, rubric Preparing your budget.

To find out the difference between the cost of living in your country of origin and in France, you can consult the following comparison sites: Numbeo or Expatistan.

Students who are required to obtain a visa for their stay in France must provide to the French authority delivering visas a proof of their financial resources.

There is no specific financial aids you could apply for once you arrived in France so be aware you must have a reliable solution of financing your studies in France.

Depending of your situation and country of origin you may be eligible for scholarships:

Please note that the University of Burgundy does not offer any grants.


Once you have received your admission notification at the University of Burgundy you must search for a housing solution. University of Burgundy cannot do it for you but we give you possible solutions:

  • room in a student centre CROUS residence. To apply you must create your dossier social étudiant - DSE (student social file) and be in possession of your admission letter to the University of Burgundy. For more information, visit the website and the CROUS website. For any questions related to your CROUS housing application, please contact the CROUS at Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.. If your CROUS housing application was refused, you will need to find another solution;
  • flats to rent: Leboncoin, Pap, Fnaim, Se loger, Top annonces, Paru Vendu;
  • flat sharing: La carte des colocs; Appartager;
  • furnished rooms in someone's home: Roomlala; Airbnb shared rentals; Cohébergement;
  • furnished student residences: International Students Residence in Dijon; Club étudiant; Nexity studéa; Immo jeune; Résidence étudiante, Fac Habitat, Les Estudines, Lokaviz ;
  • International House : a residential hotel on the Dijon campus;
  • the practical housing guide for accommodation in Burgundy (in French only) also contains resources for finding housing options as well as useful advice.

Good to know: do you need a garant (guarantor) in order to obtain housing? On the website Visale, find out how you can obtain a guarantor at no cost to make it easier for you to access student housing. This Campus France video can also be useful.


Please be sure you arrive on the campus before your programme's start date.

The academic calendar for 2021/2022 academic year will become available here in July 2021.

  • You can consult the 2020/2021 university calendar if you would like to know the approximate dates for your courses so that you can begin to plan your journey to France.

We cannot give you a certificate of late enrolment. Please note that if you haven't enrolled within the two weeks following your programme's start date, your admission into the university will no longer be valid, and you will no longer be able to enrol at the University of Burgundy.

Reminder: if your courses start before your administrative enrolment, don't worry: you can (and should!) still go to class. The fact that you haven't yet been enrolled administratively does not prevent you from attending class.


French social security

Once your administrative enrolment has taken place, you must apply for social security online through the website.


Complementary health insurance (mutuelle)

Social security allows you to receive care in case of health problems and covers the majority of the cost (up to 70% on average), after which you must pay the remaining cost. To cover the expenses not covered by social security, we strongly advise you to obtain a complementary health insurance plan, called a mutuelle. This insurance is not mandatory, but can be very useful because it can cover one part or all (depending on the option you have chosen) of the costs that are not covered by social security. If you wish to enrol in a complementary health insurance plan, you can contact one of many organisations to find the offer that suits you best:


Student card

Once you enrol, you will receive your student card which you can use to eat at the student restaurants, borrow books at the University's libraries, and get discounts at the cinema as well as other cultural institutions or events (theatre, museums, athletic events, etc.).

You can also load your card with money so that you can use it to pay at university restaurants.


University of Burgundy student account and digital services

48 hours after your administrative enrolment, you must activate your University of Burgundy student account, which will enable you to access several features, such as:

  • uB student webmail, secured sharing of large files, event planning software;
  • administrative services, such as certificates of enrolment, exam calendar, transcripts and grades, course enrolment;
  • online courses;
  • informational resources;
  • obtaining for free Microsoft Office which will also allow you to use TEAMS, the platform from which you will follow some online courses in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic;
  • and more.


You can activate your account on the University's website under the Espace numérique de travail (ENT) tab - Mon compte - Étudiant - Activer mon compte.

Your account will also grant you access to the many Wi-Fi hotspots around campus, as well as to computers in the self-service labs.

To learn more, take a look at the pages Mes services étudiants and Les bons spots.


You can find plenty of useful information about student life on the uB-link student portal.

In particular, you will find information on :

  • free access to the university medical centre, where you can consult a general practitioner, a psychiatrist, a gynaecologist, nurses, a psychologist, a marriage counselor, and staff from the Diagnosis and Testing Centre for sexually transmitted infections (Centre Gratuit d'Information de Diagnostic et de Dépistage des infections sexuellement transmissibles);
  • free access to sporting activities;
  • disability services;
  • daycare for students with children;
  • student restaurants operated by the CROUS student centre.


To succeed in your studies and your professional insertion, you can access:


If you encounter social difficulties, you can benefit from food aid for students in need: Epicerie solidaire (Community Grocery) and Campus comestible (Edible Campus) and consult a social worker, among several CROUS Social Services. You may be eligible to receive financial aid from the French government through the CAF to finance a portion of your rent or housing fees.


Dijon's cultural life is rich. The campus even has its own cultural center Atheneum and its radio station Radio Dijon Campus in which you can participate. Also take a look at the Mansart theatre's programme, managed by CROUS. The city of Dijon offers Passeport Jeunes étrangers (Foreign Youth Passports) that grant you free access to various cultural and sporting events as well as the Carte culture (Culture Card) which offers discounts on numerous cultural events happening in the greater Dijon area.


Divia, the public transport service in Dijon, offers a variety of subscription passes and means of transport. Companies for traveling around Burgundy, France, and internationally: Mobigo, Eurolines, FlixBus, BlablaBus, SNCF discount rail cards.


Also take a look at the:


General contacts at uB

  • International Office (Pôle International): Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.. Our staff is multilingual – we can converse with you in French and English, and potentially in other languages (German, Spanish, Romanian, Croatian...).
  • Office of Student Life (Pôle formation et vie universitaire): guidance, career advising, workshops on searching for jobs and internships, assistance for those with disabilities, and more: Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser..

Contacts within your faculty, school or institute

  • The professors in charge of your programme – if you don't know the name of the person in charge, you can find it in your programme's directory on the Formation page.
  • Your programme's administrative office or secretary.

The Contacts page, as well as the ENT directory, contains the contact information of anyone at uB whom you wish to contact. All agents of the University of Burgundy are also present on the TEAMS platform.

In case of emergency, you must contact national services outside the University by dialling the following numbers according to your situation:

  • 15: emergency medical services (SAMU);
  • 17: emergency police number in cases of violence, theft, or burglary;
  • 18: Fire department in cases of fire, gas leaks, water damage, natural disasters, or traffic accidents;
  • 112: European emergency number, free and accessible anywhere throughout the European Union, in addition to national emergency numbers;
  • 114: general emergency number centralising text and fax emergency messages for all situation types (police, fire department, and paramedics). It is particularly suited to those who have difficulty hearing or speaking, as well as to those in situations where it's impossible to speak (for example, during a terrorist attack where you must stay hidden and silent).




All year long, there are a wide variety of events happening at the University, in Dijon, and around the Burgundy region: cultural, sporting events, scientific events, etc. Many events, especially those at the University, are free and open to all. It's a great way to meet other people and learn more about the environment around you.

To find out what's coming up, take a look at the various event schedules:


Events of particular interest to international students


International Student Welcome Days are hosted by the International Office, City of Dijon and the ESN InsiDijon student association at the beginning of every semester. This event is a great opportunity to get acquainted with both the campus environment and the city of Dijon, and to meet other students, both French and international.

  • The next Welcome Days event taking place in September 2021. Detailed programme will be published here in June 2021.
  • In the meantime, check out photos from the January 2020 and September 2019 Welcome Days as well as YouTube videos of the events.

Erasmus Days generally take place in October.

CROUS events Invitez le monde à votre table (Invite the World to Your Table) and Un étudiant, une classe (One Student, One Class).

Campus Days: all uB students are invited to join in various fun activities at the beginning of each year in September.


  • Your faculty, school or institute may also host events for its students, sometimes specifically for international students.
  • The International Office organises and provides information about different international events on uB's campus, in Burgundy, in France, and abroad. Feel free to like the International Office's Facebook page to stay up to date with all our upcoming events!


There are more than 140 student organisations at the University of Burgundy, across all campuses. They are great opportunities for meeting people and making friends, and many of them were created specifically for students of different origins to help you get settled into university life.

Erasmus Student Network (ESN) InsiDijon

The international students' association, ESN InsiDijon, offers to pair international students with a "buddy". This means that you will be paired with a University of Burgundy student who will be able to help you discover French culture and life in Burgundy. They will offer you support when you need it, and will be there for you as a helpful guide during your stay in Dijon.

Sign up here to get in contact with your buddy!

Once you arrive in Dijon, you can also become a member of the association and participate in different activities by:

  • being actively involved in the association: organising events for students, administration, creating and managing local, regional, and international partnerships OR
  • simply participating in the association's events and projects aimed at both French and international students, such as language cafés, excursions, cultural outings, international parties, apéritifs, and more!

 You can also join the Facebook group for international students who will be in Dijon for the 2021/2022 academic year. Link to the group will be published here in July 2021. Do you want to get in contact with students who are already enrolled at the University of Burgundy? Join the 2020/2021 students in Dijon Facebook group.

The Erasmus+ programme is jointly funded by the European Union.
Other international student organisations

All athletic, cultural, and academic organisations are listed in the Associations directory.


Keeping up with what uB alumni are doing can be very useful.

  • University of Burgundy Linkedin page.
  • France Alumni: network of international students in France.
  • Your faculty, school or institute may also have an association of alumni of your study programme, which could be of use to you (career advice, events, mentoring, etc.) Here are some examples of such alumni networks: Master ICM; Le Cercle des diplômés de l'IAE Dijon; Alumni d'ISAT. You can check your faculty's website to find out if there is an alumni network for your study programme.



Since you will be spending several months or years in France, there are many resources available to you that can help speed up the adaptation period and avoid culture shock.


These workshops, conducted mainly in English by students in the Intercultural Management programme, allow uB students to learn more about different cultures and meet new people.

Discussion topics include:

  • sensitivity to cultural differences;
  • cultural differences in the working world;
  • how to overcome culture shock while abroad;
  • different concepts in other cultures: values, humour, stereotypes, table etiquette, food, etc.
  • group discussions about cultural experiences;
  • and more.

Workshop structure:

  • option of participating in workshops the first or second semester of the academic year;
  • weekly hour-long meetings generally occurring during the midday break on the Dijon campus but in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, the workshops take place exclusively online via Teams or Zoom;
  • free and open to all uB students;
  • registration via an online form sent by e-mail to your inbox. You can also check the University's schedule to find out about upcoming registration periods: this information is usually published in September for workshops beginning in October (first semester) and in January for workshops beginning in February (second semester);
  • students registered for the workshops will receive a statement from the Faculty of Languages and Communication (UFR Langues et communication) confirming their participation.

More information

  • Contact: Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser..
  • Watch the Culture Shock Workshops video directed by uB students.


This unité d'enseignement transversale (UET), or transversal course unit, is a supplementary one-semester course that makes it possible to learn or perfect your skills in a foreign language (French for example) and to gain professional experience while working, according to your availability, as a tutor at the University's Language Centre.

Additionally, it's a great opportunity to meet other students, both French and international.

The course unit is worth 5 additional ECTS credits, and can be added on to your primary curriculum in the majority of cases.


Ensemble en France (Together in France) is an online platform with interactive tools to help those who have recently settled in France better understand its customs, habits, and traditions.

Mon French Kit (My French Kit), an educational smartphone app, is also a great resource to help you through the integration process.

Before and during your time at the University of Burgundy, there are several options available to you for learning or improving your French level.

  • The International Centre for French Studies (CIEF) in Dijon offers intensive French courses all year long. You can choose which arrangement best fits your needs: the Centre offers year-long, semester-long, and month-long courses, as well as a summer course. The CIEF programme is particularly tailored to students who wish to improve their French level before enrolling at the University of Burgundy and/or must pass a mandatory language test to study at university. Good to know: the CIEF also offers TCF, DELF, and DALF certification.
  • The Language Centre at the University of Burgundy offers evening courses. This arrangement, consisting of approximately 2 hours of class per week, is tailored to students already enrolled at the University. Remember that you can also apply for the Interculturalité course unit, which grants you free access to semester-long French courses.
  • Are you a refugee, asylum seeker, or under subsidiary protection? The University of Burgundy offers a special programme designed for migrant students to help you improve your French level before beginning a degree programme.
  • Remember that there are free online resources that can help you practice outside of a course! For example, on the France Éducation International website under the DELF-DALF and TCF tabs, you will find examples of French practice tests.
  • Participate in conversation groups organised by different associations. Practice French over drinks in a Dijon bar. Some examples of associations:
    • ESN InsiDijon - Café des langues : meetings take place every second Tuesday of the month at Caf&Co (27 rue Jean Jacques Rousseau, Dijon) starting at 6:30 p.m. In the current context of the Covid-19 pandemic, we advise you to contact the ESN InsiDijon association to find out if / when the meetings will resume ;
    • Café Polyglotte Dijon;
    • Before arriving in France, find out if similar conversational groups exist in your city of residence.
  • There are a number of websites which offer language tandems: someone who can help you to learn or improve a foreign language in exchange for you helping them to learn your own native language. These conversations can take place online or face to face and can also be an opportunity to learn more about other cultures. Examples of tandem language websites: The Mixxer, My language exchange, Polyglot club, Tandem linguistique, PenPal World, Inter Pals.
  • Think about reading in French, even if you don't understand everything. The aim is to successfully understand the text as a whole and to improve little by little. There are many editors who publish simplified works with simple phrases and a more limited vocabulary so that you can start. Download radio applications on your phone and listen to programmes and songs on French radio channels. When you watch TV and online content, try doing so in French.


Reading other international students' experiences and reactions, as well as those written by French students who went abroad, can help you better understand cultural differences and familiarise yourself with the country in which you will be studying.

Take a look at the many pages online featuring student testimonies:

  • Blogs E-ambassadeurs (E-Ambassador Blogs) written by international students in France who share their experiences and touch on multiple topics as told from their own perspective: studying, housing, the French language, traveling, entertainment, finances;
  • testimonies of international students who came to study or intern at the University of Burgundy;
  • uB student testimonies (French and international) who went abroad on an exchange programme or as an intern: interviews and photo slideshows with comments;
  • Agitateurs de mobilité: experiences of young people who went abroad outside of France, as well as those who came to Burgundy via the regional international mobility programme.

Suivez-nous : Suivez nous sur Facebook Suivez nous sur Google + Suivez nous sur Twitter Suivez nous sur Viadeo uB link, le réseau social de l'université


International Office

Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.


English version