Aller au contenu Aller au menu principal Aller à la recherche

University of Burgundy


Civil Liability Insurance

Civil Liability (responsabilité civile) is the obligation to repay and take responsibility for any damages which you may cause to others whether this is by negligence or by violation.

In order to insure that you will not directly pay for any damages which you may cause, you must register for a civil liability insurance policy. Certain insurance policies such as housing insurance or car insurance can also contain civil liability insurance but often only for limited situations. Therefore you should make sure that your civil liability policy is sufficient.

If you don't yet have civil liability insurance you must register via a private insurance company or a French bank. Read carefully all of the conditions in order to make sure that the policy corresponds with your needs.

Housing Insurance

If you are living in a room or apartment, either in a residence or by renting from somebody, it is compulsory to have a housing insurance policy.

Every person renting must prove that they have insurance before obtaining the keys for their housing and must renew the contract every year. If required you will have up to a month to provide your landlord with the certificate of proof.

You contract must guarantee:

  • that you are covered in the case of a fire, an explosion or water damage. It is called rent risk guarantee (risques locatifs);
  • that you are covered for any damages that you may cause to another person, ie your neighbour, for example a leak or a flood;
  • that you are covered for the contents of your housing, including furniture, personal items and decorations.

Good to know: if you are staying in a hotel or at the International house in Dijon, you do not have to register for housing insurance.


Suivez-nous : Suivez nous sur Facebook Suivez nous sur Google + Suivez nous sur Twitter Suivez nous sur Viadeo uB link, le réseau social de l'université

Alfred website

Benefit from personalised support before and during your stay in France, as well as assistance tailored to your needs, such as administrative help, insurance and health coverage, bank accounts, the opportunity to take French lessons, and tips on finding housing. You can gain access to all this by registering with ALFRED©.

International House

  • International house

    At the very heart of the uB Dijon campus, an innovative and original residence designed for both long and short stays.



  • Bibiane NZINGA

    Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.

    University of Burgundy
    International Office
    EURAXESS Burgundy - room R24
    Maison de l’Université
    Esplanade Erasme
    BP 27877
    21078 Dijon cedex France

Some useful links


English version