Research at University of burgundy
The University of Burgundy occupies a remarkable position in French scientific Universities rankings.
- Ranked 22nd for the number of scientific publications over the last decade.
- Ranked 22nd position also for the number of thesis produced in proportion to the number of students, close to well recognized French University sites (François Goulard 2007 Report).
Research at the University of Burgundy is divided into four major domains : 1. Material Sciences and Technologies 2. Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences 3. Health/STIC (Sciences & IT) 4. Social Science and Humanities
There are 36 Research Units, 21 of which are joint research unit (UMR) certified by CNRS, INRA or INSERM. They are supported by six federal structures :
- School of Humanities,
- Research Federation of Mathematics,
- Matter and Material (M3),
- Buffon Institute,
- Food Quality and Sensoriality Federal Research Institute (IFR),
- Health/ Sciences & IT Federal Research Institute (IFR),
- Disability Federal Research Institute (IFR).