Exchange students


  1. Contact your home university in order to see if a bilateral agreement exists in your field and level of studies between the University of Burgundy and your home university. Your home university will also inform you about application procedure you need to follow to be selected by your home university to come study at the University of Burgundy as an exchange student.

  2. Once selected by your home university, you must apply at the University of Burgundy as an exchange student.

    → Access to the online application form.

    Application period:
    - from Mid-February until 15th of May for the 1st semester applicants,
    - from Mid-September until 15th November for the 2nd semester applicants.

    No late applications will be accepted.

  3. After having sent your application via the online application form, you will receive an e-mail asking you to create your personal account.

  4. Once your personal account has been created, you will need to download all the requested documents directly:
    - CV,
    - motivation letter,
    - passport photo,
    - scan of a piece of identification (example: Passport, ID card, driver's licence),
    - learning agreement signed by yourself and your home university. If your home institution does not provide you a learning agreement, please download and fulfill the University of Burgundy learning agreement with your choice of courses you would like to follow.
    Learning agreement for Erasmus students.
    Learning agreement for other exchange students.

  5. We will examine your application and if accepted, you will receive University of Burgundy admission letter.

All applications must be submitted via application form website - we will not accept any file sent by e-mail or by mail.  

Your stay in France

Students with citizenship from the European Union, European economic area or Swiss Confederation

Students from countries with a Campus France - Etudes en France (Studies in France) procedure

If you DO NOT not have citizenship from the European Union, European economic area or Swiss Confederation and if you live in one of the following countries:
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Columbia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Republic of Congo, Republic of Guinea (Guinea-Conakry), Russia, Senegal, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.

All other students


As an exchange student you can get a room in CROUS student centre residences. To do that, be sure to indicate your choice in the correct section on your application form and the International Office will book a room for you. Please specify also your planned dates of arrival and depart.

If you want to book another housing you can find some ideas in Housing in Burgundy guide (in French) or visit some specialised websites publishing housing offers:

Courses and language requirements

In order to complete your learning agreement, have a look at the University of Burgundy study programmes and choose the courses which correspond to your field and your level of studies.

Most of the courses at the University of Burgundy are taught in French.

If you are interested in English taught courses you can Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. who will put you in contact with your University of Burgundy coordinator who will tell you if English courses are available in your field of study.

Language level required:

Administrative Enrollment

Administrative registration usually takes place:

Detailed information and required documents for administrative enrolment are published here:

Administrative registration for 2nd semester students - year 2017/2018

Administrative registration will take place starting from 8th January 2018 from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 pm and from 2pm to 5 pm (4pm on Friday) in the office R24 of the Maison de l'Université building on the Dijon campus.

Make sure you carefully read the list of required documents for registration where you will also find useful information about enrolment, insurances and payment of potential tuition fees.

You will also receive a University of Burgundy Welcome Pack with brochures about the university, city and region which may help you during your initial time in France.

Once you have registered, you must contact the "scolarité" (administrative office for your study programme) in order to find out about your pedagogical enrolment, for example the choice of subjects...

If your study programme is not on the Dijon Campus please contact the administrative office of your study programme to find about the administrative and pedagogical registration there.

Student card

Once you have been registered you will get your student card, certificate of registration and a receipt for the tuition fees you have payed.

You can use your student card to eat at the student restaurants, borrow books from the University's libraries, and get discounts at the cinema as well as other cultural institutions or events.
You can also load your card with money in order to use it to pay at university restaurants.

In order to use this feature you must activate it.

Student electronic account

Once registered you must activate your University of Burgundy student account allowing you to access to your student e-mail address, electronic version of your enrolment certificate, course materials and other important documents from your lecturers.

You must activate your account within the section Espace numérique de travail (ENT) – Mon compteEtudiantActiver mon compte.

Academic year calendar and courses

A global scheme of academic year at the University of Burgundy:

Those dates are given as an example – please be aware that every study programme has its own personalised calendar.

If your courses start before your administrative enrolment, you should still attend your courses. Not being officially registered does not prevent you from attending classes.

Welcome Days

The International Office organizes international students welcome days every semester, usually in September and January.

These days are an opportunity to discover the University, student life and our facilities as well as the Town Hall and the historical centre of Dijon. You will have the chance to meet other international students and then celebrate at our welcome party.

The next welcome days will take place on 19th and 20th January 2018.

Whilst you are waiting, you can have a look at the previous welcome days events:


Student and social life

Campus life

Practical information

International office events
The International Office organizes and informs about different international events on uB campus, in Burgundy, France or abroad.Feel free to like International Office Facebook page to stay up to date with our upcoming events!

Students' associations


The international students' society, ESN InsiDijon, offers to pair international students with a ''buddy''. This means a university student will be able to help you to discover French culture and life in Burgundy. They will offer you support when you need and will be there for you as a helpful guide during your stay in Dijon.

Once you have arrived in Dijon you can also become a member of ESN InsiDijon and participate in different activities:

You can also join the ESN InsiDijon Facebook group of international students who are in Dijon:


University of Burgundy has more than 100 other student associations – you can join them and meet other students form our University.

Some student associations are particularly oriented to the international students and in some cases they can help you with different issues.

Here are some examples: